Total Course Fee: AUD 15,500
Tuition Fee: AUD 14,000
Material Fee: AUD 1250
Application Fee: AUD 250 (non-refundable)
(Application fee is non-refundable under all circumstances. Please refer to Melbourne College of Business and Technology’s refund policy and procedure for further details).
This qualification reflects the role of cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
Completion of this qualification contributes to recognition as a trade cook.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops. The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice
There is no pre-requisites or specific entry requirement for this qualification. This course is available to all international students and Melbourne College of Business and Technology requires that students are able to provide evidence that they:
• Have demonstrated an IELTS level at score of least 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old) or demonstration of successful completion of at least General English at Upper Intermediate or English for Academic Purposes Upper Intermediate level.
• Have a suitable level of language, literacy and numeracy to complete course requirements with or without additional support that Melbourne College of Business and Technology is able to provide.
• Have successfully completed Australian year 12 or equivalent.
• Are at least at age of 18 on the date of course commencement.
• Please Note: All the students commencing this course are required to complete LLN test on the orientation day to assist Melbourne College of Business and Technology to identify student’s needs for additional support during their study with Melbourne College of Business and Technology.
• During COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, Melbourne College of Business and Technology will use a flexible delivery mode for training and assessment, providing training package requirements allow for this. We would ensure that all regulatory requirements are met with as little disruptions possible. As circumstances change and restrictions are eased, these temporary arrangements will be reviewed, and enrolled students will be notified accordingly. Melbourne College of Business and Technology aims to review any changes in circumstances before commencement of each term so that it has least possible impact on students and course delivery.
Please contact Melbourne College of Business and Technology at +61 3 9018 5699 for further details and ongoing specials (if applicable) on pricing. Please refer to Fee and Refund Policy for further details on fees and refunds arrangements.
Provider Name -> Melbourne College of Business and
RTO Code -> 45217
CRICOS Code -> 110930J
Location of course -> Suite 3 , level 9 , 190 queen street , Melbourne 3000
Delivery mode -> Face to face (Classroom based)
Duration -> 66 weeks, including 55 study weeks and
11 weeks of holidays
Study load -> 20 hours per week in the classroom